Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

hborre posted Mon, 03 January 2011 at 7:19 PM

There is sometimes a lag in OpenGL as the textures are applied through VSS conversion.  I sometimes jump back into the material room for allow the process to automatically finish. 

Vestmann mentions two other shader systems available, and IIRC, D3D is loosely based on VSS node arrangements.  FaceOff is an older system which relies on light settings and skin texturing.  Not as reliable, every time you change your lights, you must reapply the script.  For the most part, VSS is much more versatile and can be modified for all situations. 

Again, VSS intent is for easy application of any shader node arrangement for any prop or figure.  It changes many material zones at once, which is a time saver if you have many figures/objects present in the scene.  All you need to do, create the necessary material zones and rules, and let synchronization do the rest.

Edit: Latexluv, I have looked at that node arrangement for Miki3 (I have her) and the node network is not as extensive as VSSPR3.  But it works very well in PP2010.  You can see her in my gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2152637