Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 7:26 AM

Quote - I hope one day that the Poser development team will add a wrapper or envelope node. A node that can contain a lot of other nodes, but only expose to the user the input and output channels, and maybe user changeable parameters.

I would also love to see a Python programmable node, where the script-writer could program the input and output channels, and the user changeable parameters.

I could not actually make a lot of use out of such nodes on my own, but they would allow for better organization, and simplification of the Advanced Material Room, and imagine the magic that bagginsBill could work with nodes like that.

And, some of us are ready to pay for that stuff that bagginsBill does not want to give away for free.

LMK

Have you been peeking over my shoulder? Those exact features are in VSS Pro (which I have begun working on again.) The wrapper or envelope node I call a composite node - you lasso a bunch of nodes and hit the "Composite" button and bang they become a single node. Then you "Add to Library" and that whole group is a reusable component. Also there is the "matmatic" node, which is also a composite, but you write what it does in matmatic Python. All of these and the built-ins are then editable in a visual tool similar to but better than the Poser material room.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)