Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Will RSR support be added to Poser 8 in an update?

gagnonrich opened this issue on Jan 05, 2011 · 62 posts

gagnonrich posted Sun, 09 January 2011 at 2:44 PM

Quote - No offense ,really but Declaring that computer file format changes, that happen to inconvenience you personally, are somehow morally "Not Right"
and the people who have accepted the reality of such changes are "arguing for what is not right" is  both self serving and Naive.
Cheers

I'm not sure how losing thumbnail support for thousands of files, that are only a few years old, is my personal inconvenience. It affects all Poser users that have bought and dowloaded content for more than a couple years. As to why it doesn't bother others is another question. I can only guess that most Poser users only use the new files they buy rather than making use of older content. Otherwise, having to run another program to see the thumbnails ought to be seen as a bother. If that's an acceptable annoyance, so be it. People that aren't using that content won't be bothered when all that content isn't usable in future releases.

Poser designers picked a file format for thumbnails that, in retrospect, didn't stand the test of time. Enough content was created with that format that it shouldn't be wholly ignored.

Quote - get a refund then.

The purpose of the thread was to get SM to weigh in. The snarky comments can continue till then. I am getting an RMA number so that they have a better reason to consider adding support.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon