Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: O'T: APO'STROPHE'S!'!'!

R_Hatch opened this issue on Jan 22, 2011 · 177 posts

Cage posted Sat, 22 January 2011 at 10:12 PM

"Disorientated" does make its way into many BBC productions.  I've heard Neil from the Young Ones, Wendy Padbury, and Elisabeth Sladen all use it, IIRC.  Not all at once, mind you....

I used to get worked up about "irregardless", until I looked it up and found that it's now accepted.  Apparently.  It means the same as "regardless", so that prefix is redundant, at best.  A wretched mutant of a word.  Grumble.

My grandfather hates the "kill-OM-itter" pronounciation for "kilometer".  "There's no such thing as a "kill-OM", he says.  KEE-loh-meeter.  KEE-loh-meeter.  But they routinely get that wrong on NPR, so I suspect kill-OMs will one day be legitimate.

I have two relatives (different sides of the family, from different parts of the country) who say "worsh".  They can't hear the difference if you correct them, or so they claim.  One of them can't hear the difference between "nuclear" and "nuke-yoo-ler".  Craziness.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.