Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: O'T: APO'STROPHE'S!'!'!

R_Hatch opened this issue on Jan 22, 2011 · 177 posts

Hawkfyr posted Sun, 23 January 2011 at 11:43 PM

Thanks Sam,

BTW…I hope nobody thinks I’m slamming a Cockney accent…I actually think it’s kinda cool. I suppose it’s the selective use of it here that kinda bugs me. In other words…If someone is going to adopt an accent…adopt the whole thing…not just the glottal stop…lol

But I love accents…I’ve been told I have a very generic “newscastery” accent and most folks can not place where I hail from. I lived  in the American Mid-West (Ohio…and a short stint in Michigan) until I was about 15, then moved to the Mid-Atlantic region for about 25 years (Worshington D.C./Ballimore)..

I now live in the South-East. (North Carolina) but rarely does anyone pin my accent down to either the Mid-West or the Mid-Atlantic. They can better tell where I’m Not from than where I AM from…lol

I love some of the Southern/Elegant accents down here (Not so much the Red-Necky accents though).

I like the way they will take a one syllable word and make into a two syllable word… For example: “Boy” becomes “Bow-wee” or “Their” becomes “They-yer”

My friend will tell her grandson.“Bow-wee...You bettuh getta way from They-yer”… lol

Oh well…sorry for the thread drift but for real…how long can we talk about apostrophe’s before migrating to something else?
Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”