Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: extreme OT: Why are British programs so much funnier?

scanmead opened this issue on Jan 23, 2011 · 101 posts

scanmead posted Mon, 24 January 2011 at 4:09 PM

Bean is probably my all time favorite. It's pointless scenes, about a pointless man, living a pointless life, and it's funny. The Bean movies tried to add plot, which ruined them.

When I grow up, I want to be Eddi Monsoon. Ever notice her daughter seemed to have an American attitude about everything? g

On American comedies, the movie MAS*H was very good. The series was depressing. Hated Cheers with a passion, Friends, even worse.

Since someone up there mentioned reality shows ("Not reality, actuality."), I'll admit to being an addict a few years back. When it got to the point that all I did was worry about random axe murderers roaming the streets, being fried by gamma rays at any moment, looking in the rear-view mirror for speeding asteroids, jumping at every rattle, because the Yellowstone Caldera must have blown, trying to tell just how much further away the moon was this month, and that constant niggling feeling that the Mayans must have known something... I swore off them. It was either that, or start a website claiming the secret powers controlling the world were hinting at imminent global chaos through cable tv...