Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: O'T: APO'STROPHE'S!'!'!

R_Hatch opened this issue on Jan 22, 2011 · 177 posts

LaurieA posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 8:29 AM

Quote - > Quote - ...I spent nearly 20 minutes trying to explain to another proofreader that it's not Ice Tea, but rather Iced Tea and that it's Brussels Sprouts and not Brussel...lmao Laurie

Oh thank you so much.  And it's whipped cream not whip cream, barbed wire not barb wire, and mashed potatoes not mash potatoes.

I cringe everytime someone writes that an aritcle of clothing is too lose or they're afraid they're going to loose their cell phone.  I read the thread but forgot.  Did we cover your and you're yet?  Another thing that drives me crazy is the "use" of quotation marks "almost" all the time, seemingly for emphasis.  Other than direct quotations, the use of quotation marks on a regular word often implies that it is not what it states.  I saw a sign in front of the grocery store advertising "fresh" fruit.

Finally, everyone knows that the correct pronounciation of wash is warsh...not worsh.  Sheesh.  ;-)

I actually do use quotations around words often myself. I'm guilty. But I use them when I'm being my usual sarcastic self....lol. For example: "Gee honey, you look "lovely" today" after they've just crawled out of bed ;o).

Laurie