Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: extreme OT: Why are British programs so much funnier?

scanmead opened this issue on Jan 23, 2011 · 101 posts

Cage posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 3:24 PM

I think perhaps the Beeb can (or could, when times were less tight?) be more adventurous with programming, allowing them to find what worked and (presumably) learn from that and continuously refine the material.

Looking at this list, though, not everything is remembered or, one assumes, was worth remembering.  So... (apologies ST :lol:  My father does it, I think) is a better quality of British humor implied, overall, or is that perception due to a sampling error?  😕

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/

I really wish The Goodies and The Brittas Empire would be released on Region 1 DVD, myself.  :sad:  And I personally think the British programming I've seen tends to be superior to that which I've seen from anywhere else, much of the time.  The BBC is a great idea and I hope it isn't killed in the name of austerity cutbacks.  That would be a loss to everyone, and it might not ever come back, if and when the economy improves.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.