Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Heads Up: I'm screwed, Disillusioned, and AFK

Photopium opened this issue on Feb 04, 2011 · 77 posts

Photopium posted Sat, 05 February 2011 at 11:06 AM

Hi all, thanks for the well-wishing, suggestions, etc.

I did not repaste.  I didn't think I had to for the cpu fan?  I'm going later to acquire paste and will do that.  I'm also buying a new g-d case that can actually fit things properly.  I'm running a file recovery thingy now, it's taking forever, but I hope I can get some stuff back.  I know I won't get everything, but if I can just get a few custom-modified files to open my Pz3s, which were on another drive, I'll be happy-ish.

The endless configuring is a nightmare.  I like a bare-bones OS and turning off all the bells and whistles and trying to make it look like Windows 95 is a challenge, since MS likes to hide all that stuff now. 

Last time I tried an ATI card it created big problems with, if memory serves, Poser. 

I think the big emotional impact of this whole thing is:  1.  I HATE that I'm faced with just how dependant on this box I am.  2.  I don't have the free time I used to, with Daughter, Wife and new Job.  3.  I've been very frustrated with Poser lately anyway, and it makes it very hard to care like I used to. 

I sort of feel like I could probably leave Poser behind for a few years and come back when it all works the way I want it to, but that will never happen.

At any rate, it's all going on a different drive now, and that drive will be backed up regularly, and if this happens to me again for failure to follow through with any of that, well, shame on me.