Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: How do you make Short films? what do i need to include?

josterD opened this issue on Feb 05, 2011 · 23 posts

josterD posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 12:52 PM

Thanks the owl. Yeah i've been trying different ways to speed up my process.

And i'm watching CGI shorts in youtube and now i feel much better about it.

Before i was tryiing to do shots that lasted long.. Now i'm noticing it's better to do shots that last just a few seconds.

Also, I was reading book the FIVE c's of cinematography and they use this technique where they stop the camera then move to another angle and continue the action( Actor has to start from where he left off) so   that is great cause you don't have to make a perfect fluid long animation, WHICH is what i was doing before.

You can make smlaller parts and concentrate on making them good.

Advice to Joster:

1.)Use Bvh instead of hand keyframing.

Welll  thanks. and yeah i use  BVh too but i modify them too for facial expressions etc.

And also i do keyframing.

2.)Download Freemind to organize your story

Don't know what that is. and i'm on mac. probably it's not for mac.
3.)Do not render in High Quality.

I don't. As i've told you all before, i do OPENG GL preview renders and yes i use DAZ Studio with OPENGL at highest. its awesome.

5.)Prepare and work only on one scene, finish it to production quality before going to the next scene to prevent yourself from being overwhelmed and procastinate.  

Yeah that's great advice.

Finally again, I'm watching shorts made by Poser and DAZ users, they're great inspiration and also i'm reading 3D animation and cinematography books. I have two. ONe for animation, it's an old 1997 book but it stil gives you all you need.

And the other is a book i bought  called DIgital Cinematography. It has all about story telling, camera shooting , shots, etc.