Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Noobiest noob humbly returns

Helvegr opened this issue on Feb 06, 2011 · 26 posts

icprncss2 posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 6:06 AM

My advice: RTFM. 

Just recently on another site, I went round and round with a new user about conforming shoes to Kate.  Even after I walked the newbie through conforming the correct shoes (including what folders they were located in), she tried conforming Posette's shoes to Kate.

I doubt she even read my answer all the way through.  Her solution, buy the V4 bundle.  Someone else told her it was easier to use than that Poser stuff.

And of course the myths put out in by...

"Users expect a difficult learning-curve with most design applications. This, combined with high costs and large time commitments, keeps most from trying 3D design," said Dan Farr, President and Co-Founder of DAZ Productions. "With the free version of DAZ|Studio, users will experience the beauty of 'load and render,' allowing them to create stunning 3D imagery in just two mouse clicks. The cost is nothing, images render in seconds instead of minutes, and users can expand their experience with affordable upgrades."

The DAZ|Studio offer includes pre-configured 3D scenes, complete with a poseable character, accessories and environments. These scenes can easily be manipulated in an intuitive interface--character poses, shape morphs, model textures, lighting and more can all be customized in just a few mouse clicks. More advanced users can also create scenes from scratch using any of almost three thousand DAZ products available online, including the brand-new 3D Starter Bundle for under $100. The bundle includes a comprehensive set of products designed for the first-time 3D artist including Bryce, the most widely distributed 3D landscape program.

Above taken from this press release

Thursday, September 23, 2004
DAZ Productions Offers Digital Art to the Masses with Launch of Free 3D Content and Software

'Load and Render' Imaging in DAZ|Studio Allows First-Time 3D Designers to Create Art in Just Two Mouse Clicks