Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How do I make...?

zoozI2000 opened this issue on Aug 14, 2001 ยท 9 posts

melanie posted Wed, 15 August 2001 at 8:00 AM

I was a newbie once, myself, and I had help from friendly members in the forums. The tutorials are very helpful, but when someone wants to know something quickly and there are lots of us out here who know how to do it and can say it in a minimum of words (this one doesn't really need a tutorial), then we should be willing to offer our help. I don't mind helping out when I know the answers. Frankly, I'm kind of tired of hearing people shove newbies off by telling them to look in the manual or check the tutorials. This question was a simple one. I don't see why we can't just answer the question in a friendly manner and help a newcomer out. After several years of using Poser and membership in these forums, I still occasionally have questions now and then, myself, and I'm always grateful when the "experts" out there who know more than I do can give me the answers so I can get on with my project without spending time searching for a tutorial (and sometimes the one you want doesn't exist), reading it, and then finally getting back to what I was trying to do. As I said, the tutorials are great, and Jamball, I'm sure yours are worth looking at as are all of them, but there's nothing wrong with answering a person's question. I think the tutorials should be perused when a person has the time, or isn't in need of an immediate solution to a problem. I would encourage newbies to continue to ask questions. That's how we all learned in the beginning. There are probably several other people out there who want to know the same thing, but are afraid to ask, tinking it's a stupid question. I once had a teacher who said that there's no such thing as a stupid question, so ask away! Melanie