Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: WIP: Ultra-lo-res Chess Set, Version 2 (More Traditional...)

3dcheapskate opened this issue on Jan 07, 2011 · 11 posts

3dcheapskate posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 3:34 AM

Well, I take my hat off to the people who produce all those wonderful textures we see. It's not until you try it yourself that you realise how much work and skill is involved! I'm not lacking in the effort department, so it must be the skill that's the problem!  😉

I've had major headaches with the materials, fixing something in Poser only to have the fix mess up in DAZ Studio, etc...

The UV-mapping is a bit of a mess. It seemed sensible at the time, but in hindsight...

Anyway, I've decided to make it available to everyone as it is, since I think it's useable. Just uploaded to ShareCG, and in the process of uploading to Renderosity. No links to post yet as it's not showing up - should be appearing soon...

Plenty of scope for constructive criticism here I think!  😉

(P.S. obj files included at Poser scale, so you'll have to scale up by a factor of 100 or so to use in other applications)

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).