Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pose2Lux

LaurieA opened this issue on Feb 13, 2011 · 1102 posts

DaremoK3 posted Tue, 01 March 2011 at 6:35 PM

Laurie,

Hi.

I just found out about this, and would have been an early P6 tester (glad to see he found one).  I gave up on the other one not working with my P6, and am happy to see someone who appears to have made this work.

I read the entire thread, and downloaded beta 0.8.2, but I can not get it to activate with Poser 6 SR3.  Maybe I am mistaken with how it works, but I thought it was supposed to load through the python scripts module/window in P6.  The compiled script does not appear selectable with the python module.

I tried to launch the compiled script as stand-alone, and also drag-n-dropped onto my Python EXE.  All to no avail.

I have Python 2.6.2 installed (for working with Blender 2.49b and LuxBlend/LuxRender 0.7.1 SSE1 - I am adept at using LuxRender via LuxBlend).

I have LuxRender 0.8.1 SSE1, and it runs on my system, but I have not tried any renders yet.  The Pose2Lux was going to be my first testing of it.

Do I need to install a newer version of Python (say 3.x series) for this python script to work with P6?  I haven't had a need for a newer version as of yet.

SPECS:

Laptop - Windows XP Tablet Ed 2005, AMD XP-M 2200+ (Single Core - SSE1 Architecture), 1024 MB RAM, SIS Onboard shared graphics, OpenGL 1.2.1 - Python 2.6.2, Poser 6 SR3, LuxRender 0.8.1 SSE1.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Take care...

Ken