Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pose2Lux questions and answers...

LaurieA opened this issue on Mar 01, 2011 · 182 posts

RobynsVeil posted Mon, 07 March 2011 at 10:52 PM

Well, as soon as this render goes past the pixellated-look stage, I'll do a quick save so you can see. The edges on the edge of the building and doors and stuff seem satisfactorially crisp and everything.

I've been looking through the list of materials you've offered, Laurie... great stuff! Is there a call for things like marble or granite or anything like that? Or have they already been developed? Oh, and are any specular types like anisotropic or Blinn ever going to be supported?

Also, I've looked at say a given material and noticed that the PoserSurface node appears to be represented in the list of "channels" in Pose2Lux. I understand that prepping a scene (actors) for Lux, you sort-of want to stay away from anything that used to plug into the PoserSurface Alt_Diffuse and Alt_Spec channel, which I take it to mean: avoid like Add() nodes between your ColourMap and the PoserSurface diffuse_color channel. But, do these Poser2Lux alt_diffuse and alt_specular channels actually accept input at this stage? I guess the reason I'm asking is because of a sense for how the diffuse_color and specular_color channels actually have a hidden function where they do maths with the scene lights... I'd prefer to be plugging into Alt_Diffuse. But then, I guess you'd need a Diffuse() node, hey? Or is that only for Firefly?

I know, messy question. Promise I'll be tidier next time. 😄 I might go ahead and test all that, if you want... if no one has already tried this.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks