Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pose2Lux questions and answers...

LaurieA opened this issue on Mar 01, 2011 ยท 182 posts

Snarlygribbly posted Sun, 13 March 2011 at 2:36 PM

Quote - I guess the reason I'm asking is because of a sense for how the diffuse_color and specular_color channels actually have a hidden function where they do maths with the scene lights... I'd prefer to be plugging into Alt_Diffuse. But then, I guess you'd need a Diffuse() node, hey? Or is that only for Firefly?

Pose2Lux does everything it can to avoid using any data in Alt_Diffuse and Alt_Specular. Any analysis it does do (as a last resort) is minimal.

I don't believe it's possible to reverse engineer a shader tree plugged into those channels and produce anything meaningful to Luxrender. Besides, the main use of those channels is to overcome limitations in Firefly. As we're not using Firefly, there's nothing to overcome! I know Firefly does a lot of calculations on the values in Diffuse etc., but that needn't worry us because the values that get exported are those entered into PoserSurface, before Firefly gets its grubby hands on them :-)

Perhaps a future version of Pose2Lux will make more of an attempt to understand the Poser shader trees, but the prime direction of development will be to make it easier to assign Lux materials directly.

Glad to see yu're having fun with it though!

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/