Forum: Bryce

Subject: OT: I got this in the mail

tom271 opened this issue on Mar 16, 2011 ยท 11 posts

Rayraz posted Wed, 16 March 2011 at 4:34 AM

From my point of view as someone outside the USA there always seems to be a patriotic sense of heroism about the US veterans amongst the american people.

But in contrast, in a political sense, to the rest of the world, the communication is almost as if vietnam never happened. It's simply ignored most of the time. I suspect the US government simply thinks not referencing vietnam too much in their foreign relations is in better political interest.

Problem with war is, you got hero's and victims on both sides. Once the war is over, you can treasure ur hero's in your own community, but treasure them too much to the outside world and the rest of the world might think you forget about the victims you made. That dilemma applies to both sides of the war ofcourse... its yet another reason why wars SUCK. Why dont we just figure out how to have civilized relations with each other?

The US Government acts as if the US pretty much gets to run the planet and it really is just bullshit. They lie to their own people, they lie to the rest of the world, they never take responsibility, they demand all sorts of things from other countries which they would never agree to themselves. If that is the way the US positions itself towards humanity that causes these problems. Once you screw too many people over in public too often in too many different ways, you cant brag about your good deeds anymore without pissing somebody off somewhere. And that is why they dont talk about vietnam. They acted too long like too many bad things didnt happen, untill finally they're not able to praise their own hero's openly and publicly.

To me therein lies the real shame, when your own governments corruption wont even allow your hero's to be praised anymore. It makes the work of many hero's unrewarded and in vain.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.