Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clothes *Headdesk*

Ghostofmacbeth opened this issue on Mar 17, 2011 · 16 posts

Fugazi1968 posted Thu, 17 March 2011 at 12:08 PM

While the Clith Room can seem a tricky beast it actually works quite well.  I do get the odd crumpled on the floor issue but mostly its fine.

As for multiple cloth sims I have a rule on those.  While you can or could put more than one dynamic item in the same simulation, I find that problematic.  Each item gets it's own simulation, in a very specific order.  For a layered outfit do the lower layers first, then the upper layers.  For example if you were using a tshirt and a shirt, simulate the tshirt first, then the shirt.

Poke through is something of an issue, while it does not always cause a problem it is best to assume that it will.  If you have any poke through it is best to fix it before running any simulation.  If you have PPro2010 then the morph tool is your friend here.

A few other thoughts.

Never collide with hair, that will ruin your day.

Fingers are too mesh dense, don't collide with hands.  My advice is to make a hand mitten and collide with that.

Getting Poke through? make collision offset higher

Mess around in simulation settings with the collision types, try the polygon ones instead of the vertex options.  It often helps when your figure and cloth mesh are significantly different.

Hope that helps

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D