Forum: Bryce

Subject: What's Happening to the Main Bryce Gallery??

datadraw1 opened this issue on Mar 21, 2011 · 32 posts

RodsArt posted Fri, 01 April 2011 at 2:51 AM

Quite some time (years,cough) ago, I posted to a couple of the more professional sites, with what I thought was a valiant effort at the time. I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter with some very harsh critique, almost in the manner of "what are you doing here" kind of thing. I made a decision then, and to this day I will not critique anyones work unless they specifically ask me to. Some people don't want the insight of others even if it is coming from purely technical standpoint. Some people ask for help because they know there is that "Something" missing from their work. They "want to", and eventually "will" advance their skills and quality through tenacity. Some people use this as a social hobby, and have all their favorite friends acknowledge their existense.

My only pet peeve is genre crossovers, but I'm not going into that today.

All in all, I learn which artists here at Renderosity I enjoy checking out, and sometimes comment. Those which fall into the Happy Hobbyist category, I don't open, and spend my time learning and appreciating art from Striving hobby artists and more so from the semi to Professional group.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple