Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 vs Poser Pro 2010 difference in renders

taoz opened this issue on Apr 05, 2011 ยท 11 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 1:51 PM

Almost all skin shaders are compensating shaders and need to be edited so they stop doing that. This is not because shaders have to be different for regular Poser versus Poser Pro. I make shaders that work great in both. It's that a handful of skin shaders were copied over and over by most of the vendors at Daz, and these happened to be a bad choice.

Most prop shaders work fine without any changes, mostly because prop shaders are usually not full of compensations for monitor gamma and also they are usually simple shaders, not trying anything tricky.

Some skin texture sets come with two sets of shaders - simple ones that work great in Pro, and compensating tricky shaders that don't. If you have the click-to-load simple shaders, use them. Most products don't come that way, though. I don't know why. Pro has been around a long time and many people have published (by asking for help and getting answers) what the the vendors are doing wrong.

You can configure Poser Pro to not use linear workflow. Just disable the gamma correction in render settings. Then it will act like Poser 8, 7, etc.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)