Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 vs Poser Pro 2010 difference in renders

taoz opened this issue on Apr 05, 2011 ยท 11 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 2:10 PM

No graphic editor - shaders are defined in the advanced material room within Poser.

I'm afraid that shader design is very rewarding but not simple.

Even simply following somebody else's design can be tedious, since it is a lot of clicking and typing. Poser doesn't make it easy to edit a bunch of materials simultaneously, which is what is needed on a typical Daz figure.

There are alternatives. You could use my shaders and use VSS, the (free) script I wrote to distribute shaders on figures and props so you don't have to edit each and every one by hand.

There are other tools as well, like Semidieu's Advanced Material Manager (not free but way cool).

There are many gallery images showing results with VSS - some people use it better than others. In general it sounds like a lot of work but it isn't. However, if you don't follow instructions well (albeit only 5 instructions) it will be useless. People who are familiar with how Poser works (click click click) and can't deal with automation (including the possible automation of horrible mistakes) have trouble. Most have no trouble.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)