Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Importing AVI into Poser?

MikeMoss opened this issue on Apr 22, 2011 · 12 posts

MikeMoss posted Sat, 23 April 2011 at 10:17 AM

Attached Link: http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff491/nohjekim/?action=view¤t=LucysStoryAboutGrandfather.mp4

Hi

Yes, I just created the video in preview mode.

I went to Import / Avi Footage and imported the video.

It asked if I wanted to resize the window, (in this case I said no) and then it placed the file in the background.  

You must have enough frames already available, it doesn't ask you if you want to add frames to fit the video, as it does when you add a pose animation.

I will have to pre format the AVI files in Première to the correct size, (I usually use 1200 by 900) so that the background will fit my scene.

In this case the video did not fit my format.

I cropped the video to remove the black band above and below the image in Première after I made the file in Poser.

It did it very quickly since it apparently doesn't have to re-render the background .AVI just as it doesn't have to re-render a still image when it's used as a background.

I'm assuming that if you applied the video file to an object then it would have to render every frame of the video again, so this is much faster.

This opens up all kind of possibilities.

The opportunity to use all kinds of moving images as a background combined with foreground objects will make lots of effects possible.

Now I’m looking for suitable video that I can use.

Mike

Ps. Here is a link to my first and shortest Lucy video, these have grown in complexity since I did this one with Lucy now walking through more involving environments and telling longer stories.

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?