Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V5

Philywebrider opened this issue on Apr 22, 2011 · 155 posts

Tashar59 posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 6:38 AM

Quote - Discussing the future of Poser vs Daz Studio is not out of context in a V5 Thread. What I say is somewhat similar to circumstancial evidence. There is a number of issues about Poser's future and the company that market it, as I have pointed out. Each point per se doesn't prove much but when stacked upon each is somewhat worrying. To that you can add that they never have been able to market a successful figure and that the Marvelous team choose Daz Studio and not them. It adds up. But facts doesn't rock a true believer. Time will tell.

OK your statement still does not make sense to me.

First, lets point out that the reason that the Marvelous team chooses DS is because DS HAS to have a plugin. Poser doesn't need a plugin to use MD clothing because of the way the Poser clothroom works. In fact if you look at your import export options in MD you will see that the Marvelous team included more than one setting for Poser. So in fact. Couldn't we say that they chose Poser over DS first?

Second. I still don't understand why you think MD is playing a significant roll in the future of DS and Poser. Both are still going to be around with or without MD.

And as for Poser owners not able to market a successful figure is simply the lack of figure integrity. But not very many people buy Poser for thier figures since P4 who it was Zygote who made the figures and split to become DAZ for Poser figures IIRC. Yet none of that has stopped the development of Poser. Nor has it stopped us from buying each new version. With version 9 in the works.

You know, I've been watching the Poser is dead posts for years now. Funny thing is. We still have Poser.