Forum: Vue

Subject: A Thousand Words

Fidelity2 opened this issue on Apr 26, 2011 · 18 posts

Rich_Potter posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 12:28 PM

Hi Fidelity, 

Firstly, your artwork is NOT awful.  far from it in fact, your star trek pictures are, for the most part really very good, you certainly have your own style, and I admire that.  Some of your Cinema 4D work is very good too, again in your own style, I particularly enjoyed your latest "Untitled" its obscure, yes, but its also interesting to look at.

Honestly, the thing I think you need to improve in your vue renders is lighting.  For the most part I observe that your renders are mostly overlit, or have odd atmospheres which tends to bug me in a way.

I also find it hard to understand what you mean with your pictures, for example in "I Am Going Crazy" you have created what I would describe as a wonderfully abstract piece, but I dont understand what your intentions where with its design, this is the second thing that bugs me.

Overall, I would say you could improve on two points.

1:- Atmosphere and Lighting

2:- Descriptions of what you intend with each piece

I have been following your work for some time, and viewed most of your pieces.  I cant think of any tutorials specifically that you could look at for now, but if i find any I think you might enjoy ill certainly forward them to you.

Keep up the good work!

Rich

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk