Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V5

Philywebrider opened this issue on Apr 22, 2011 · 155 posts

Tashar59 posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 4:32 PM

Quote - What I did today was that I 1) dowloaded and fouled around with Daz studio 4 beta and 2) learned that the Daz people do rigging (up to now) with something called Figure Setup Tools - no doubt better documented and supported than anything in the Poser world. I am already 90% sure that I will do the switch. Version 4 is completly different, a totally new program.

The figure rigging tools are realitivly new compared to the software. Couple of years now? So it is only from that time on that they used it. And you still read every once in awhile about things not working right in Poser using them. So they are not perfect either. They used Poser before that for everything. There is documentation on the set up room for Poser but after all these years it has kind of got scattered around a bit. But that does not mean there isn't any. Daz is not known for updated documentation and hasn't been for years. Unless you count the pay for documentation. Manuals are years and versions behind. One tool does not make it all OK again.

As for DS4. I did say a few times in this thread that people need to try the beta so they can understand the new system and software better. I still prefer Posers UI over DS4 even with it's UI changes. But I did say I would put it in my toolbox. Might not use it much except for export reasons. Tools are tools and have some use.

But who knows what the next version of Poser will bring. I don't buy because someone says it's the best thing going as some will and do. I need a copy in my hands to see for myself to make up my own mind. And there lies the problem as in DAZ is showing what they are doing and SM is not. I can see how some will jump ship on that alone. Getting to actually try something to hearsay.

Still it will be later on, maybe end of year? So lots of time to show thier hands.

In the mean time and in between time it's time to fire up messiah and do some rigging today before I turn into a couch potatoe watching hockey.