Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 7 Lens Flare

drawbridgep opened this issue on May 01, 2011 · 41 posts

skiwillgee posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 11:14 AM

Frankly, I'm getting very disappointed in Bryce and Studio both.  I have pro versions of both and it seems that 'pro' means more bugs, crashes, promises, non-working features, etc...

Even the installer stuff that electroglyph is speaking of.  Why install content into user files anyway?  C: drive keeps getting bigger and bigger and I wonder why.  Why not give the end user the option to put program files in C: with a path pointer to data such as presets and content in other volumes if the user desired?  That would make life a lot simpler when upgrading, or more likely, having to re-install because of corrupted files.  If executables only were in C: then operating system upgrades would take a quatum leap from "oh crap, there goes my weekend!"

(steps off soap box)

... and, another thing...   You may think I'm stupid but I built a PC for graphics only work.  It is not hooked to internet, does not have anti-virus software, and runs lean, clean and fast.  Sounds good so far?  Well, nowadays all the manuals are wikis viewable on net only because it is in a constant state of flux or you get referred to a youtube tutorial.  My word, DAZ, I'll pay $50 for a book.  Kitchen's "Real World Bryce" was an outstanding investment.  I wonder if no one tackles writing a manual for the same reason I stated above, "can't write a book about bugs, crashes and promises for a non-working feature"

... (steps down again, runs away, dodgeing stones and bricks)