Forum: Photography

Subject: Is "NO RIGHT CLICK" worth it?

TomDart opened this issue on May 11, 2011 · 13 posts

Liam. posted Wed, 11 May 2011 at 4:00 PM

Since I'm by no means a pro (and have no intention to become one, just like me some shooting), I'm not sure if I even qualify to answer your question. Frankly, if any of my photos turned out to be actually worth stealing, I'd probably be just thrilled. :D

I can, however, tell you this: Not being a photo theif, either, I do like to have some nice images in my personal folder for inspiration. I also remember ripping some mushroom images for my dad (great passion of his) from some highly "encrypted" encyclopedia online. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. The no right click thing, I mean. Just look around your browser options and knock yourself out copying all the beauties you can find. 

I don't know about the software you're talking about but I can't imagine there is no easy bypass there. And I'm no hacker, either.

If you ask me, the best way to go is to either make them small as you're doing it or slap your name/handle/copyright notice all over the thing - so it can't be photoshopped out easily. Kind of like Shutterstock does: it's not obscuring the image, you can still enjoy it but try to get rid of it. Sure you can, in most cases, but it really takes far more time and effort (with each and every image) then devising a one time weapon against a security software and go free and wild on all of them.

Liam