Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Photo realistic renders

rokket opened this issue on Apr 30, 2011 · 260 posts

ShawnDriscoll posted Thu, 12 May 2011 at 7:03 AM

Quote - I am not trying to get a render that looks like I took it with a camera. I am trying to get a render that looks like it has life.

A camera photo can look like life just as the photo you posted does.  Or a camera photo can look like an amature photo-flashed red-eyed blurred polaroid image, which is not how the eye sees life.  But there is software that can render scenes that way as well to make it look like a '70s flipflash shot.

I'm still curious how you will animated/render such a realistic human.  Motion capture is very tricky.  Even real Japanese robots don't look, move, or sound like humans yet.  So having the computer do it on screen is even tougher.  Everything has to be there.  Everything.  Eye shine.  Skin pores. Peach fuzz. Hair.  Eye lashes/brows. Wrinkles.  Bone joints.  Muscles. There is also the clothing and everything that is invloved with clothing.  The way shoes bend while walking.  The way arms move while walking/talking.  Don't forget breathing. (Fallout 3 has breathing for their characters).  People are also moving when they stand, unless they are leaning on something.

Even if your animation is in the uncanny valley, I still want to see it.  Not many are brave enough to show theirs.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG