Forum: Vue

Subject: Forgive my n00biness - which module handles rain?

kathym opened this issue on May 10, 2011 · 7 posts

thd777 posted Thu, 12 May 2011 at 8:37 AM

Attached Link: DAZ to Vue tutorial

> Quote - that looks great. what format would you recommend exporting poser characters as to import them inot vue? > >   > > Is there one format that works better then others?

For Poser exports I usually just read the .pz3 directly but I do not use the "Poser shader tree" option (Do not use the "allow re-posing" option unless you have a true monster of a computer and lots of memory!). I very much prefer the Vue materials, but if you are in a hurry and have enough memory you can use the Poser Shadertree option and your chgaracters will look pretty much like they do in Poser.

My primary posing program is DAZ Studio amnd from there I usually use .obj export for still renders and Collada (.dae) for things I want to pose in Vue or for animations. OBJ works also well for Poser exports and is quite memory efficient.

I have a short PDF tutorial for OBJ to Vue on ShareCG. It is written from a DAZ Studio point of view but there is lots of info in there that applies to Poser as well. See link above.

Ciao

TD