Forum: Vue

Subject: Lux render engine?

Darboshanski opened this issue on Aug 29, 2010 ยท 24 posts

bigbraader posted Thu, 12 May 2011 at 9:55 AM

I've seen some great renders with the Lux/Studio combo. But, as mentioned, not superior to anything you can make in Vue.
I think the main issue here is the declining technical knowledge and "readiness" among the Vue users, becoming more and more like the Poser and DAZ people, just rendering purchased items with purchased atmospheres, and SkinVue e.g., and having no idea what they are actually doing. If you have access to the full render engine in Vue, you can make very convincing results, provided you take the time and energy to dig into the options and features.

So people see "something" brilliant made with an application, and think: "I HAVE to get that one!" not realizing that the outcome has more to do with the artist's skills and talent than the software capabilities.
Example: If you scroll through great artist HowieFarke's gallery, you'll get the impression that Carrara is a superior nature/landscape rendering program. But if you then look at what other artists make with the same software, you'll see very little evidence of this - except the renders involving ready-made HowieFarkes preset scenes :)
I'm not suggesting that the software is irrelevant, of course, just emphasizing that often you're better off mastering the tools you've got than always looking out for something else :)