Forum: Vue

Subject: Render Farm setup

BUSHY8996 opened this issue on May 13, 2011 · 14 posts

Dale B posted Sat, 28 May 2011 at 5:22 AM

Quote - Ok guys,

So I have installed hypervue on my main PC along with rendercow - rendercow also install on my 2nd PC. Both are currently contected to a netgear switch via their on board 10/100 cards-for the time being. And both PC are hooked up to a KVM.

However...When working on the main PC - I cannot see if the rendercow is working. And when I render something it only shows my main PC's x4 cores in the bottom resource bar? I cannot see any new option relating to Hypervue in the top tabs - edit, render ect..and there doesn't seem to be anything to show that rendercow is setup or running?

1. do I need to have Vue Esprit 9 also installed on the 2nd PCs along with Rendercow?

2. I am not currently using cat 6 - was going to get some today. Could this be causing the problem?

3. How do I check the builds?

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

1. Nope! 2) Nope! 3) The build number of Vue is on the startup page, and you can get it anytime from 'Help- About Vue' on the top bar. For the rendercow, there should be an icon in your system tray. Right click and a menu shows. Select about. Now, Hypervue doesn't have a special icon on the toolbar. Right click the render icon at top to bring up the render options panel. Right below the preset render section is the Renderer section. To use Hypervue, select 'External', then click the edit button to the right of it. There is your hypervue manager window. You have to either autoscan and let hypervue find all the cows on the network, or you can add them manually; either by IP address or by the name of the computer you are adding (I always create a simple name for my render nodes, so that it is possible to quickly add one that might get missed for some reason). Have fun!