Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: stupid question?

mwa opened this issue on Aug 19, 2001 ยท 5 posts

melanie posted Sun, 19 August 2001 at 10:34 AM

First of all, there's no such thing as a stupid question. There are probably a dozen other people wanting to know the same thing, but are afraid to ask. Make sure the texture you're applying is for the correct figure/clothing item/prop/etc. They're not interchangeable. For instance, a texture for Posette will not work on Vicki, and the textures for Posette's skirt will not work on Vicki's skirt, etc. I would check this first; it usually turns out that this is what has happened. I've had personal e-mails from people who are new to Poser asking this question and it has usually turned out they were attempting to put the texture onto the wrong figure. If you're working with Vicki/Mike skin textures, Apply to All won't work, either, because the head and body are separate maps. You'll either have to apply the textures to every body part via the pull down list in the texture editor, or apply the head texture to all, then uncheck the Apply to All box and apply the body texture to the 3 or 4 body parts separately. I hope this helps. Melanie