Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is there a place i can post my animations (like a gallery)?

ShortySeanbo opened this issue on Aug 18, 2001 ยท 14 posts

irjvik posted Sun, 19 August 2001 at 1:03 PM

Hello wolf359 :)) I read your response, and I have some questions: - Why is it a bad way for an user to save the movie on it's hard disk ? I always look at least three or four times at a movie, the first time at normal speed, the others stopping on key images or on special (liked, failed,...) images. With an embedeed movie, I must stay connected 3 or 4 times longer, so I'm wasting Bone bandwidth, and ISPs in France are not cheap (about $2 for an hour). - ISPs in France, and often in Europe, often offer an unstable connection, and more than once you are disconnected during your data transfert, so with an embeeded movie, you must restart the download at the very beginning. - What will you do if your Netscape/Internet Explorer, just after having downloaded the embedded movie, don't start it ? It just happened to me on ShortySeanbo site. You feel frustrated, and you don't think any good for neither the site nor its author, even they are innocent as your browser just bugged as usual. - I'm writing from a Win98 computer, but sometimes, I'm roaming the net with a Linux computer. I'm sorry, but there are no embedded possibilities in Linux. So you simply loose customers. - If I can download the file and save it to my hard drive, I can (and will if it is a good one) also burn it on a CD with others, and transmit it to my close friends who either cannot afford an Internet access, either cannot afford a huge Internet bill. I'm also saving your site bandwidth as these friends doesn't need to download the movie directly from your site. Sure, your movie will spread up like fire in the wilderness, but by putting it on the Net, it was your intention (NEVER do it with a commercial file), or else put a password to your site. - I'm not a graphist, I'm a technician (exactly a linux and windows network administrator liking playing with 3D at home). Perhaps there is a way of life (and thinking) I did not see. Thank you for some explanations for all my questions. ;))