Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What do you do with Morphs?

MikeMoss opened this issue on Jun 19, 2011 · 18 posts

MikeMoss posted Mon, 20 June 2011 at 5:17 PM

Hi

I'm working on it.

I imported the Deerhound Obj into Poser, and selected it.

Opened Group Editor, took me 15 minutes to fine that.  I kept looking at the top of the screen for it.

Then I clicked "Spawn Props".

Then I went to file, Export Wavefront Objects.

Unclicked Universe and clicked head.

It will let me unselect the default options Weld Body Parts at Seams and Include Figure Names in Polygon Groups but it won't let me select Include Existing Groups in Polygon Groups.  It won't let me select anything that isn't already selected.

So I saved it anyway.

I completed the process and the Deerhound Head option appeared on the Parameter Dial.

I think it worked.

Now a question.

A lot of what I need to do can be done in Poser.

Can I do the changes in Proportion i.e., make the legs and body longer, the tail thinner, the head smaller, etc. Then Save it as Poser Deerhound in Poser Figures.

Then export that as a Wavefront Obj. and open it in Blacksmith.  So that what I'm Working on there is allready close to what I need?

then make the changes I need to there, i.e. change the shape of the body to a more Greyhound like shape and move the tail position a little etc. and then bring it back into poser.

Open my Deerhound Figure, that I added to the Poser Figures Menu and then apply the morphs?

This would be easier then trying to reshape the body and then change the other stuff afterwards. The Main thing I can't do in Poser is change the shape of the body.

Thanks again for the help.

I think I'm getting the idea at least.

Mike

I will go throung the 2nd process you outlined next time.

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?