Forum: Freestuff

Subject: FREE DS-LuxRender Plugin

SB3D-Traci opened this issue on Jun 21, 2011 ยท 46 posts

bob1965 posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 7:59 PM

Yeah, I can clarify a few things for ya.

1. This is a FREE plug-in for DS3 32bit to interface with Lux.

2. There is no link back or request for money at any point in the download of this freebie as erroneously implied above.

3. Tofusan is a long respected member of the Poser/DS community and has provided freebies on his blog for a number of years.

4. Japanese users tend to use blogs as a method to announce their items. This is not unusual.

5. There is no English language readme and it is less than sensible to expect such from a non-English speaker. I'm sure the reademe makes perfect sense in Japanese.

6. It's a DLL because that is the plug-in structure for DS, note that Reality is also a .dll.

7. It is inappropriate for a forum coordinator to engage in intimating that an item is warez. This exactly opposite of what you should be doing in your position.

8. The plug-in itself works very well and does an excellant job of converting DS materials and settings to a Lux scene.

9. This can be accomplished manually or automatically. It is simple to use either way and doesn't really require an instructional readme for anyone that is familiar with DS and or Lux.

10. The plug-in may be Win32 however this does not prevent Win64 users from using Luxrender 64bit.

11. The "grainy" interrior example is a result of the Lux render not being allowed to iterate for long enough. The previous has nothing to do with the free DS2Lux exporter.

Clear now?

I have a render going and when it is finsihed I will post it and screen shots of the exporter interface for the uninformed.