Forum: Freestuff

Subject: FREE DS-LuxRender Plugin

SB3D-Traci opened this issue on Jun 21, 2011 · 46 posts

tokejr posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 6:25 AM

Quote - The whole debate was started by a very ambiguous and nefarious looking FIRST post by SB3D-Traci, albeit with best intentions. However, a post of this nature should have been accompanied by additional information, screen-shots and authors origins etc. I see nothing wrong with tom271'S response to the post, in fact he actually asks the question "so can anyone clarify any of this"?  He made no accusations or statements regarding either the content or posting author.  If this post had turned up on any of my sites it would have been immediately removed and the poster would have been contacted after the removal.  Using links from a post to a downloadable application is risky business unless, the such links can be proven bona fide from the off.  The delete mechanism is in place on sites such as Renderosity in order to protect both members and the site in general from posts which may contain undesirable content.

Its also interesting in this particular instance that the software on offer, is in "Alpha" stage, that fact on its own should have been explained in the original post, as there is a likely potential user risk involved.  After reading through this thread, I now have no doubt that Tofusans "plug-in" has some mileage associated to it.  But, Tofusan himself, clearly states, he made it for his own use, without advertisement and warns, use at your own risk.  That is the information which should have been declared in the very first post of this thread..............which, in fact would advertisement by a third party.

On a lighter side I may be looking at this myself, sometime.  But, to be honest I am hooked on Reality and would only be interested in Tofusans product after its final release and, only then if its supported.

It is THIS exact behavior of Reality Cultists which turn so many off the product.

You might want to think about how much your behavior turns off potential customers and does much more harm than good.

Had you bothered to follow the link, you would have discovered an artist who GIVES to the community, rather than MILKS it for every dime it can like Paolo does.

You owe some people an apology.