Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What features do you look for when buying a 3D model?

FightingWolf opened this issue on Jun 22, 2011 ยท 23 posts

moriador posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 1:48 AM

I hate to admt it, but really good promo images are actually important. If the promo images are badly rendered, I'm often deeply suspicious of the product, even though I've bought a few that were beautiful once, you know, you got to see them rendered with raytraced shadows enabled, etc.

I like very detailed textures because I often render closeups at pixel resolutions meant for print (4k x 4k). So if I use a building, I might render a small section of wall or window. On that note, it's especially nice if textures that appear on adjacent areas are of a similar resolution. It kills me to render something with a highly detailed wall texture and a blurry trim. Also, I know I could do it myself, but vendors who include materials with both hi and lo res versions of their textures make me really, really, really happy.

I find that I'm attracted to small, scenic vignettes rather than huge environments. And if there are parts (rocks, trees, furniture, a wall, a floor, etc) that I can use in other scenes, even better.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.