Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: creating cloth video tutorial for poser 8

Artchitect opened this issue on Jun 25, 2011 · 31 posts

Tashar59 posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 2:48 PM

Quote - This is true xantor but for one who is starting now it would be foolish to begin with the old. This is the time for all those who hasn't been with Poser from the beginning.

I adhere to the maxim, "Out with the old, in with the new".

I don't think you need to jump ship yet. At least until you see what P9 and pro can do.

Also except the Genesis figure in DS4. DS4 still uses all the figures, OK most but they are not missing anything with Miki3, which are still Poser rigged. So again no reason to jump ship if someone want to learn to make clothes.

There is also the fact that Poser has all the tools to rig, morph, even model if you want without paying for extra plugins to do it. And yes you can make clothes in Poser by using primitives, the figure themselves with the grouping tool ( one of the most if not the most powerful tool in Poser) and some import export and the clothroom. Usage depends on if you want to just use them for your own use or if you want to give away or sell them. Different rules for different usages.

Though I think that trying any of the free modeling apps would be a good start to even see if you like to model. Wings3D, Animator, Blender. Then there is the rigging or clothroom after.