Forum: Vue

Subject: AMD 6 Core

warder348 opened this issue on Nov 17, 2010 ยท 9 posts

forester posted Tue, 28 June 2011 at 6:45 AM

Yes, Kenmo, I am using an AMD 6-core 1100T on an ASUS Crossfire Extreme III motherboard with 16 GB of RAM. And an nVidia 570 video card. (Win 7 -64 bits)

This is my main model-building box, but I also have Vue 6, Vue 7xstream, Vue 8 Infinite and Vue 9.5Xstream installed on it.

What can I say ? This build is really very stable, deep and fast enough for my needs. I did need to upgrade the BIOS immediately after putting it all together, but the AMD BIOS Upgrade is via web these days, and automatic.

In my case, since this BOX also supports MAYA and Mudbox, I needed stability, deep gulps of RAM at each CPU process step and high performance, and this setup delivers those qualities. I have a set of nVidia system monitors for CPU, RAM and GPU usage going at all times, and I've not been able to do anything in Vue 9.5 that pushes anything to the outer limits. One of my model-building buddies has an intel cpu on an ASUS Crossfire Extreme III with 16 GB of RAM also. He renders Vue scenes out faster than my box, maybe by as much as 20 % faster, but that seems to be the only significant difference.