Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: what makes these renders so different?

p3t2 opened this issue on Jun 28, 2011 · 43 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 29 June 2011 at 12:45 PM

One more nuance of displacement bounds. The value in render settings is not the whole story. That's just the minimum value assumed for all props. Each prop or figure actor has its own value. Whichever is higher is consulted at render time.

Further, in the later versions of Poser, every time you start a render, the highest displacement value found in any materials of an actor are copied to per-actor displacement bounds, found on the properties panel.

You cannot get it to stay below the correct bounds as long as the numerical value in the root node actually represents the maximum. (There are ways to make that not true.)

So, for example, as soon as you type 2 inches into a PoserSurface Displacement channel, rendering will cause that object to have a per-object displacement bounds that is at least 2 inches.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)