Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Have any of you ever become hostile towards the Poser Hobby?

Photopium opened this issue on Jul 02, 2011 · 43 posts

Black_Star posted Sun, 03 July 2011 at 9:28 AM

Well, you might be somewhat happy to find out you are not alone in this, as right now I am getting through the very same experience as you do.

I am a merchant here but somehow I did not managed to create a new product in years and that is not because I lost my inspiration or because I don't have what other products to create (I actually have a mirriad of ideeas and products in various stages of completion), but somehow I am still in a horrendous terror of touching anything Poser related.

First of all, as a merchant I slowly gathered this fear of not doing something wrong, of not doing a mistake with my next product. So far all my products were flawless from this point of view, but the care that I had to put in in order for this to happen left a hard print on my soul and psyche.

Also, this was amplified a year ago, when two of my HDD's crashed (1 TB and another 500 GB HDD's), and those two dragged down with them pretty much everything I created in the past 3 years, all new would be products, textures, gathered tutorials and so on. Right now, aside from what I remember from memory and product construction habit, I feel otherwise like a newbie.

I am desperately trying to recover, to start creating new stuff for Poser again, but now with the new V5's danger of appearance looming over our heads, I don't feel like making (and investing effort) in anything related to V4. And I had so many amazing projects related to V4... And this leaves yet another hard print on my soul, as I have to scrape all those now.

I am also an (so far unpublished) writer and writing and doing Poser stuff went good togheter so far, but right now, the two of them started to hinder each other in my head, practically blocking each other. I feel that if I would not "unblock" one of them soon, I might not be able to touch any of the two in the future. And that truly, would be a pity... :(

I hope that seeing that you are not alone in your "quest" felt "refreshing".

Best regards!