Forum: Blender

Subject: Why is Blender so hard to understand?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 04, 2011 ยท 116 posts

benney posted Mon, 04 July 2011 at 10:39 AM

I thnk where you may be getting confused is the fact that within most 3d applications you use the left mouse button to select your mesh or camera whilst in blender you use the right mouse button. Blender was created on the basis of speed and accuracy which is why it has never had the cheerful interface style shown by others and so also uses less CPU than others and so can be used within a smaller climate.

I will agree that blender is not the the easiest program to learn, but when it comes to modelling it knocks the socks off most programs and even makes the BIG! boys sweat a bit.

I will also say that when it comes to learning about the program, blender has a lot more resources than any other 3d program (I also use Carrara7pro, Hexagon, Bryce7pro and several others) I have ever used.

I have been learning about blender for the past 8 months now and starting to get more comfortable with it... Hopefully I will start developing some models/scenes of my own soon.

Overall this is just my thoughts on the program and everyone can have their own opinions.