Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Have any of you ever become hostile towards the Poser Hobby?

Photopium opened this issue on Jul 02, 2011 · 43 posts

aeilkema posted Wed, 06 July 2011 at 8:36 AM

Time to move on, find something else to do. I've stopped using Poser for fun, but I'm even hardly on a computer anymore. Had a crash, a virus and all the nagging update screens started to annoy me so much that I just quit. Better things to do then having to re-install stuff time after time and constantly being haunted by virus threads and program updates.

The las time I used Poser was for a project, 3 months ago. That was the first time I even touched Poser after not using it for 3 months or so. After the project, I haven't touched it anymore, only used it once in 6 months for a 16 renders project. Don't miss it at all. Don't miss my computer either. So far this week, I've typed 3 forum messages, including this one. There are days I don't even switch on my computer at all. It's the first time this week I've started it up.

I do check my email once or twice aday, but I'm using my tablet for that. It's on for a few moments each day, not like it used to be. Used to be online many hours each day. Used poser for hours each day. Not anymore. I really like it now, the urge is gone. I can live without a computer, it's very relaxing and lot's of other non digital things to discover in this world.

Once I finish typing this message, I'll switch off the computer, get my bike and pick up my wife from work. Spent the rest of the day with her, cook her a nice meal (trying out a new recipe). She's getting used to it, me not spending hours behind the stupid screen (as she calls it and right so), but doing other stuff. I'm getting used to it as well and start to really like it..... why in the world did I  used to spent all the countless hours on the computer doing really nothing worthwhile at all? It was such a waste of time for me.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk