Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Have any of you ever become hostile towards the Poser Hobby?

Photopium opened this issue on Jul 02, 2011 · 43 posts

MikeMoss posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 3:26 AM

Hi

I kind of come and go with Poser.

I originally got it to save time adding characters to architectural illustrations that I did.

Many like restaurant interiors needed a lot of people in them.  I liked doing the interiors but I wasn't interested in painting all the people, since that wasn't what I was concerned with.

I created dozens of characters and added them to the library.

I would load the Illustration into Poser as a background and pose the characters then save the characters and export them as tiff files.

Next I opened the illustration in Photoshop at much higher resolution and placed each character after using the Filter Gallery effects to make the characters look arty and like they were painted in.

That was clear back in Poser 2, I think. 

Then I lost interest for years, every once in a while I would mess around with it but I wasn't doing commercial stuff that used it and I didn't have any real goals for it.

Then I started messing with the animation abilities a while back.

Now I'm totally hooked and keep learning to do new stuff every week.  I haven't had this much fun on my computer in a long time.

Both the animation on the computer (I used to do cell animation for TV) and the video editing are new to me.

Maybe what you need to do it come up with an idea for some projects, that would be fun to do, don't just think of it as getting back into Poser, more of a, "Can I create something that will entertain people", sort of thing.  Think about the project not the process.

It's my Lucy videos that got me hooked.

I did the first one just as a joke to send a friend of mine, I didn't plan on doing more of them, and now I spend half my time trying to come up with new ideas for them.  Right now I'm thinking about Fog, how could I do that?

I'm about to turn 73 years old and I'm still going.

I'm enjoying the community and seeing what every body else is doing, more ideas for projects, it gets me away from sitting and answering questions on the Windows 7 tech forum all day. 

Any way I hope you get your groove back! LOL

I know demoralizing it is to loose stuff, I've had it happen too!

I now have everything on my computer backed up twice to external hard drives and the really important stuff to DVDs.

Good Luck! 

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?