Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: Altered Image Contest All artists welcome!

Omen555 opened this issue on Jul 20, 2001 ยท 3 posts

Omen555 posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 9:57 PM

Hello Elsina. My name is Frank Miller and I help out at Altered.Image, the host of the contest in question. First of all, Wow...you spent two weeks on a couple images, made the deadline, but never got them posted nor replied to about it. Your disapointment is valid and understandable. This is the first I or anyone at Altered.Image knew of this problem you had and allow me to explain why... ...Gem, the person responsible for the reception, coordination, and posting of all contest entries unfortunately was dealt a severe blow to communication and pretty much entirely "crippled" when she lost all of her hushmail accounts of which she used almost exclusively. I was told she immediately posted a notice to the Altered.Image main page and contest page (still there in fact) but by then the contest was more than half over. So as you can see, unless you were to return to the main page or contest page, you would never know about the problem and the new address to use. You more than likely are not alone in your disapointment as there very well may have been other entries submitted that we never knew about if they did not resend them to the new address that was posted in the notice. I have been asked to extend a sincere apology to you and to any other artists who may have been neglected with contest submissions that were on time but missent to the wrong address. Altered.Image is a non-profit artists resource website that provides educated opinions and other information on current software, hardware, and literature relevant to Computer Graphics and Art. I wish we could afford dependable re-directing email accounts and we are working on this for the future but as for now, I understand that does not help you and for that, I am deeply sorry however I assure you, had we known of your entries we would have posted them. I am sending you this same reply via email.