Forum: Bryce

Subject: How can I make the appearance of blood in water using Bryce 4?

jks opened this issue on Aug 20, 2001 ยท 12 posts

kaom posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 10:03 PM

Hmmmmmmm............You could experiment with a volume texture on some "Meatballs" commonly refered to as metaballs. You could change the color to the red shade you want and try putiing the shape in the water. That's the only thing I can think of, or you could cheat and do it in Photoshop, and probobly make it look convincing.I'm sure someone else will have some good suggestions, because as we all know, there are a zillion ways to do any one thing in the world of 3D. Good luck, I hope I was of some help. Oppps! I just realized you don't have Meatballs in Bryce 4. So if you can't get a shape you need get the Free version of Amapi 4.15, an dmake a Nurbes object deformed to the shape that will work. Her are the links for Amapi 4.15 and a link for the full manual fo rit, if you don't already have it. Amapi 4.15: http://www.insidecg.com/downloads.php Amapi manulal: ftp://ftp.tgs.com/Amapi/Doc/ P.S. If you go to get it, don't forget to click on th elink for the serial number at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!