Forum: Community Center

Subject: I have to say on the new 'site look'

FaeMoon opened this issue on Jul 04, 2011 · 200 posts

KageRyu posted Mon, 11 July 2011 at 12:52 PM Online Now!

Quote - We made a change to the gallery background color this evening.

But applying only to selected blocks of the page creates an even more patchwork and ugly look to the pages overall, especially with the bright blues surrounding it and in some of the side menus.  The site looks truely hideous now.

I really do not see why the big change of appearance, and why to such a gaudy and obnoxious look? The old look was much more tasteful in appearance. Even if a new look was absolutely nescessary there are so many options that would have looked much more appealing and tasteful than this color scheme and layout.

I saw it mentioned this color scheme was chosen for attention - but just getting attention is not always a good thing.  The kind of attention this look and color scheme reminds me of is the three year old throwing a tantrum screaming "look at me! look at me!".  Maybe that's what was wanted, I just feel it does not do the site, or all of the brockered artists and content creators on the site justice.  Given that Daz Studio and Poser content seems to make up a majority of the content too, I feel it does not do those communities justice, and will result in them being seen and treated even more like amatures and hobbyists among other CG artist groups (something that is already a problem).

Just my extended thought.

P.S. The site as a whole responds even slower than ever for me, and I am seeing applets hitting on my firewall now every time I visit Rendo. Not something that makes me happy.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!