Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Arrgh! Can't install Daz3D figs into Poser 7

barrowlass opened this issue on Jul 11, 2011 · 13 posts

moriador posted Mon, 11 July 2011 at 3:32 PM

Quote - Personally I never install directly into my runtime folders.  I have a folder on my C Drive called "Unzipped" that I install or unzip content into.  After I've looked through the folders and organized and renamed folders as needed, only then to I drag and drop into the runtime folder.

I keep a dummy poser.exe file in that folder. It's simply a text file with the extension changed to .exe.

When installing Daz content, I stop it from searching, and point the path to the unzipped folder on my C Drive.

This is what I do, and it's absolutely the best way to install any content, Daz or otherwise, because it gives you a chance to organize things and to catch any errors in folder organization that a creator might have made.

I can't remember how many times I've unzipped a zip with a file structure that looked like runtime/poser7/runtime that if I'd just unzipped it directly into my runtime would have immediately become invisible to my library.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.