Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 14 July 2011 at 2:25 PM

The script doesn't define the material zones, and you should not edit the script. The lists you showed are suggested names for use when adding zones and rules via the VSS dialogs found under the designer.

You add zones to the control prop for new material templates. For example, if you wanted a new template zone for a horned animal, you might want a zone called Template Horn.

Then if you wanted to hook that template to be copied to various actual zones on the figure, you would edit the rules in the Shader Rules material.

The objective is to have a rule detect a material by name or partial name on the target, and then connect that to a "Copy" node that says what template to copy from the control prop.

If you look in the control prop Shader Rules, you will see rules like "Rule skin" that are connected to other nodes - a Copy Template Skin node in this case. That means any material with the letters s, k, i, n in them will match that rule and the skin template will be used on that material.

Suppose your wings have materials "Left Wing" and "Right Wing". You'd do best to make a Template Wing material, and then a Rule *wing -> Copy Template Wing.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)