Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Software similar to poser.

egalps1 opened this issue on Jul 14, 2011 · 7 posts

DustRider posted Sat, 16 July 2011 at 8:29 PM

There are many software applications that will do what Poser does, but if you want to use the low cost, ready made content available for Poser you are a bit more limited. The programs that easily use content developed for "Poser" include:

Daz Studio (many like it more than Poser)

As Tashar59 noted - Carrara, also available at DAZ3D (my personal favorite - most of the images in my gallery were done with Carrara). Carrara also gives you a lot more capability than Poser does (modeling, landscapes, atmospheres, etc.)

The latest Vue series of products starting with Vue Frontier also does well with Poser content.

Many of people like to use Cinema 4D (C4D) with Interposer Pro - but this is much more expensive than Poser. If you can afford all the different modules or the Studio version of C4D (around $3,400), you can do just about anything you can imagine.

Poser really does provide a lot of value for your money, as do Daz Studio and Carrara. It's really more a matter of preference, finding the software that works well for you, and does the things you want to do.

Hope this helps

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......